Introduction to Boating - Power or Sail.
To introduce novice boaters to
safe practices in preparing to leave the dock, while underway, and when returning to dock. This standard may be
taught in a sailing boat or a power boat. It is expected that the boat will be less than 12 meters in
- Basic boat check for
- Review safety equipment location and
- Discuss basic safety when participating as
- Participate in preparation of boat for
- Participate in departure from dock as
- Demonstrate safe behaviour while
- Participate in returning to dock as
- Assist in activities required to secure and
put away boat.