Introduction to Boating - Power or Sail
To introduce novice boaters to
safe practices in preparing to leave the dock, while underway, and when returning to dock. This standard may be
taught in a sailing boat or a power boat. It is expected that the boat will be less than 12 meters in
- Basic boat check for
- Review safety equipment location and
- Discuss basic safety when participating as
- Participate in preparation of boat for
- Participate in departure from dock as
- Demonstrate safe behaviour while
- Participate in returning to dock as
- Assist in activities required to secure and
put away boat.
Once you have a dinghy, there are many ways to enjoy it. This e-Lesson discusses a
multitude of uses and fun things that you and your family can do to enjoy your dinghy more and your boat more. Go
have fun with your Dinghy!