One way to involve children when boating is to teach knots. Knowing the correct knot to use will ensure the safety of your vessel. Whether you are boating, fishing, camping, or securing a load to your car, being able to tie the following is essential.
- Bowline – a secure non slip loop
- Round Turn and Two Half Hitches – tying to a ring or rail
- Cleat Hitch – to secure a line on a cleat
- Clove Hitch – used to hang fenders
- Reef Knot – to join two ends of a line, tying a package
- Double Sheet Bend – joining a small line to a larger one
No tags for this post.