You may be thinking of chartering a power or sail boat for your vacation.
Here are suggested questions to ask the company you choose:
1. Is there a minimum length of time required for a charter?
2. What is included? -Insurance
PFDs or life jackets
Galley starter pack
3. What facilities are available at the marina or nearby?
Fishing license vendor
4. What are the trading limits for the charter?
5. How are any mechanical breakdowns handled?
6. How accessible is the company’s base? – close to ferries, airport.
A good way to try out a vessel you are planning on purchasing is to charter the model you are interested in. Chartering also allows you to try several different models before purchasing.
If you are considering purchasing a vessel, we recommend the following book: